Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Roving Reporter: Ruth

It’s Time For The

Wednesday News!
By Roving Reporter Ruth!

Hi there, I’m Ruth. You probably remember me from October tenth’s fantastic report- if you don’t, just go to ‘Older Posts’ and look for the title ‘Roving Reporter: Ruth’. Well, enough with all that- who’s ready for another fantastic report from Ruth O. ? (“Me! Me! Me!” The people shout. “ Three cheers for the Roving Reporter Ruth! Hip, hip, hooray!) ((Note: My report is in the first person- that means it’s like I’m doing it right now, me, Ruth.))

I glance at my wristwatch. Wow! Only 8:05! I happily skip up the ramp and dash across the upper playground. Gee, it’s cold out- the kids wearing hats, mittens, or scarves are smart! Drrriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rang the bell. Drrriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again. All the kids on the playground line up and sit down, shivering as they wait for their teachers to arrive.

Finally, Mr. McMurray appears, ready to walk us down to the flag assembly. (Personally, I think Mr. McMurray shouldn’t leave us out so long- we half freeze to death! (Hint, hint, wink, wink))

Room 16 shivered as we sat down. “Good morning Proctor School!” Says Ms. Garcia into the microphone. “GOOD MORNING MS.GARCIA!!!!!!!” We all shout back. Then we did the flag salute. Afterwards, Mr. McMurray announced our flag football captains and the Student Council drew Proctor Pride Points. 

*          *          *

“Thank God!” I breathed as I entered the warm classroom. “Let’s go, class! Get your science homework out!” Mr. McMurray called out over the chatter. We quickly whipped out our papers and got to work correcting. After that, Mr. McMurray reminded us that there will be a science test on Friday.

Then we read in our science books for a while. I checked the clock; nine forty-one. We shared our stories of things we envisioned.

We made easy work of our Problem Solving homework and walked outside for snack recess at 10:30.

Wow! The day was half over and still keeping me wide-awake for math groups, where we split up and go to other classrooms to learn math at our own level and speed. In the class I was in, we did problems like this:

2/4 + 3/5=?

 A o 5/5
 B o 5/4
 C o Not given 

*          *          *

Back in class again at eleven- forty! Mr. McMurray shushes us and starts reading Al Capone Does My Shirts, only to be interrupted in minutes by the bell.

We quickly scribbled down our homework and left for home, AT, or some sort of after-school activity.

*          *          *

Thank you very much for using your time to read my report - I hope it satisfies you! P.S. who’s excited for Ruth’s next fun report? Make sure to visit the blog on the 14th of November for another!!! Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment