Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Daily Blog (Dec 17) - G'ana

The holiday is present and in the air.

I notice the decorations as I sit in my chair.

A couple of trees and with presents around,

Makes Room 16 look like a holiday town.

There is a spoon collection from holidays past

and tiny Nascar’s that go mighty fast.

As I began to day dream about what Santa might bring me, the man in the grey sweat shirt had us line up and at the door. We went to the cafeteria and watched the 2nd grade performance. They sang “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” and several other holiday songs.

Afterwards, my group went to the computer lab with Mrs. Dunn and we were allowed to choose the program we wanted to work on. When we got back to Room 16, Mr. McMurray, (a.k.a., the man in the grey sweatshirt) let the other group go to computers as we began our Literature Circles. My group was the first to talk with the man in the grey sweatshirt.

When the whole class was together again, we went to a martial arts program that was back in the cafeteria with Eric’s trainer. I recieved a free pass along with twelve other students for a free martial arts lesson.

The class went to recess while Kailani, Sarah and I stayed back at the class and fixed the decorations. When we returned to class, Group Two went to the library while Group One learned about African-Americans like Congresswoman, Barbara Jordan, and astronaut, Mae Jamison.

Group One then went to the library to check out books for the winter break. As my stomach was growling and I began drooling, the lunch bell rang. During lunch recess Sarah and I went over to Room 6 and helped our buddy class taught by Mr. Silzle. We helped them with holiday decorations.

Shortly after lunch, we arrived back in Room 16 as the class began watching Bridge to Teribithia. Even though I had seen the movie I would still rate it about a nine.

We packed up our bags and headed to the door,

60 feet pounding on the floor,

We were off to our parents without homework as a chore,

and the only thing between vacation and us was one school day more.

No comments:

Post a Comment